Monday, May 17, 2010

Join me for breakfast....

Hi there, another quick update from me. I wanted to share with you this morning what I had for breakfast. . . . and for only 3 WW points! Care to join me?


Being on a diet is not all about eating 'rabbit food'! In fact I don't even like to call it a diet, the way I'm eating is a life style, not just something I want to do for a few months to shed a few pounds. I must be honest and tell you I never ate a breakfast for YEARS. Of course I know how important that first meal of the day is, I've read about it so many times. But my stomach was just never in the mood for food as soon as I woke up. Actually it still isn't ready for food at 6am in the morning, but I've come to realize that I don't have to eat my breakfast the minute I fall out of bed. I get up at 6am, and usually just have a cup of coffee while Kristen is eating her breakfast and getting ready for school. When I come home about 8am is when I will make myself something to eat. Lately it has been a breakfast like this one.

Yes, this is only 3 weight watcher points (that's not including the creamer in my coffee!). Turkey bacon (1pt for 2 slices, I had 3 here but I probably only need the two - 1.5 pts), 1/2 cup of baked beans - 1pt (these are Heinz baked beans that I buy in the 'English' section of my grocery store, they are the kind I used to eat back home, and they are fat free. I've checked out the Pork and Beans we buy here, they are 2pts per 1/2 cup). 1 slice of toast - 1/2pt (I'm using Nature's Own Light bread, only 1 pt per 2 slices) :-) Mushrooms and tomato are o pts.

I'm happy to say I didn't gain any pounds back over the weekend like I usually do. (and I did have some wine and chips AND an Appletini on Friday night) ;-) started off this morning at 119.6! I did my walk this morning and have already done over 6000 steps today. This week I need to work on drinking more water.

19 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

You are doing fantastic. Your breakfast looks really good. What is your goal weight?

xoxo
Jane

Carol said...

My, how very English your breakfast is. It certainly reminds me of recent times in the U.K. What a great looking breakfast for just 3 points. Great job!

Melissa Miller said...

WOW! Denise you are doing so great!
You are really eating healthy and walking so much. Way to go girl!
119.6! I would love to see that again one day. Sigh....:)

My biggest meal of the day is breakfast for sure. I LOVE it! I usually have scrambled eggs with melted cheese and ham, cereal and fresh fruit. See I told you I adore a big ole' breakfast. Yum! I wont be giving that up ever. I think I would rather weigh more. LOL! *Smiles*

Kim said...

Good job girl! That is one hearty breakfast. Keep up the great work.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That is breakfast? I have never thought of eating beans for breakfast. Thanks for coming by and the sweet comments. How little are you trying to get? Are you short? I think I may have to try WW. Lots of success stories for sure.

Melanie said...

I have never heard of beans for breakfast. I don't like to eat until 11 am or so.

You are doing good. This is your first weekend that you made it through and didn't jump back up. Good job.

Nancy's Notes said...

Denise, you are doing awesome! I love WW, always lost what I wanted, not I need to get with the program again! Way to go on getting in such a great low point breakfast! Do you follow online?

I see you live in Austin too! It's a pretty day and a bit warm, but I like it! Have a good day and thanks for dropping in to see me!

Nancy

Deanna said...

HI there! So glad you came by to visit HomeHaven and left a kind word. I'm enjoying reading over this blog...I'm working at taking some weight off. I follow your other blog also! I will be back and am a new follower on this one.
God bless,
d

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I'm always happy to hear from people. This breakfast looks really good. I was looking at your other blog and your garden looks wonderful!

Raegun said...

Hi there! I just found your blog through another Follower's link. Your breakfast looks SO amazing! I've never thought of doing grilled veg for breakfast, but seeing it here - well, it just makes sense! Yummy!
OK...off to 'follow' you now. ;)
Rae
xo

Becca Bertotti said...

Wow is right. That breakfast looks amazing ... and, only 3 WW points ?! Awesome !! Congrats on your weight loss !! And, THANKS for your sweet note. I promise to post this week !! Hugs, Becca

Melissa Miller said...

Denise I lost 2 pounds last week which meant 3 total for this month alone!!! I was so excited until today when I weighed a pound more this morning. Sigh. Will it ever end so I can reach my final goal? It's frustrating. I'm starting to think this is just the size and weight I am meant to be. Oh well.

Kimberly said...

The link is working now on my blog! thanks for letting me know!~

Debbiedoos said...

You go girl, I love WW! Been doing it for years...it so works...and is in my brain forever. Of course they go and change some things..but I always stick with the old method with flex points. Thanks for popping over:) Debbie

Linda said...

That's a very interesting breakfast. I lost a lot of weight several years ago and that's when I found out how important a good breakfast is. Keep up the good work!

Julie Harward said...

New look here...it looks really nice! Thanks for your visit...our home is rustic as in farm house look, not log home look...but i do love log homes too Good luck with the diet and changes too! :D

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Good luck with the diet! Your meals all look tasty and well balance :)

Family Balance Sheet said...

Thanks for stopping by my site. This is quite an interesting breakfast, aside from the mushrooms(I'm not a big fan) it looks delicious.

Good Luck.

Julie said...

That looks so delicious!! I LOVE mushrooms.