Monday, March 8, 2010

Still here... still no weight lost!

Wow, I fell off the wagon posting here didn't I? Can't believe it's been over a month since I last wrote something. In that time I've been home to England and back and am happy to say my Mam is doing well and getting better and gaining more strength each new day.

As for me, it's one step forward, two steps back ... as usual! Granted I haven't really been trying to cut back on the 'wrong' foods these past few weeks so I wasn't surprised when I got on the scale last Monday morning and found I was still 126lb! A few days later however I was happy to see 124.6 :-) Then I don't know what happened. I guess I just ate what I wanted and I paid for it today. Another Monday morning and I'm not 126 today but 127lb!!

So needless to say it's back to the 'ole drawing board' so to speak. I've put myself back on the Flat Belly Detox for a few days. I don't mind really, I like the foods (for a couple of days anyway) they make you feel 'not bloated' after you've eaten, which of course is the whole point of them. So today I had Cheerios for breakfast (cos I had no cornflakes in) with skim milk, apple sauce and some sunflower seeds. I had no coffee :-) For lunch it was deli turkey, 1 string cheese and quite a few grape tomatoes. The diet calls for one pint of tomatoes for lunch but these seems WAY too much for me, so I just tend to snack on a few more throughout the afternoon. I've just had a strawberry smoothie (1 cup of milk and 1 cup of frozen strawberries with 1tblsp of Flax OIl) and tonight I will have Tilapia with roasted red potatoes and green beans. And although the diet doesn't say so, if I'm feeling like a snack tonight I'll have a fat free greek yogurt.

Day one is always easy, I hope I can do as well tomorrow. . . and the next day. . . and the next!


9 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

It sounds like you are back on track. Best of luck, Den!

xoxo
Jane

southerninspiration said...

Yes, I do believe the Flat belly diet works...I am struggling with it...today I felt awful so haven't followed it very well. I have struggled with my weight even more so with thyroid issues. It is SO MUCH harder. Keep it up, and you will easily get there!

Suzanne

Melanie said...

I don't know how in the world that you didn't have coffee this morning. I love coffee.

Good luck You have my support!

Anonymous said...

Just want to wish you the best of luck on your adventure to lose weight.

Anonymous said...

Just want to wish you the best of luck on your adventure to lose weight.

Kim said...

Thanks for visiting my site and commenting about the butter chicken! I wish you the best with your weight loss. It really gets tough the lower you go on the scale! I'm looking forward to following you along on your journey!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Isn't it frustrating? I've been dieting, too. I need to see the scale move...even a little...or I get discouraged! I've gotta keep pluggin' away so I can stand myself! lol Happy Friday!...Debbie

Amy said...

So glad you stopped by to visit. I too am trying to lose just 5-8lbs but for the first time in my life I'm have no luck. I'll follow you to see how you're doing and what your methods of weight loss are.

Magdalena said...

Hi, This is a great post and so interesting...I thought coffee helped lose weight?? It seems to supress my appetite , I am always trying to lose 5lbs (:
You only weigh around 126, that is still thin!! I don't know how tall you are.
Well good luck stop by and visit when you have time
btw, I have been on the phone with England all morning with orders for my boutique , I love Englans
xoxo