Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I did good, then not so good!

I did really well counting my points last week, but then the weekend came and ruined it!!! As usual. I got off track with exercising too :( Only did Jillian Michaels last Monday then just got busy (and had an emotional upset, which I won’t talk about here) and my heart just wasn’t in it.

I weighed in on Friday morning and was down .2lb. Not much at all but I’ll take it.  Friday I drank a few glasses of wine! Saturday I tried to be good with food, then Sunday…. Mother’s Day, and I drank Mimosa’s AND white wine most of the day!!!!!!!! Didn’t count points AT ALL! Had these . . . .

DSCN1127

. . . . and lots of this . . . .

DSCN1149

salmon and asparagus quiche, roasted potatoes (in butter), salad and green beans with almonds (in butter!) And it didn’t stop there! DSCN1161 Later in the evening I popped over to my neighbor’s. She’d been to a wine tasting weekend with her mom and sis, so I had more wine, and for some unknown reason a few servings of potato salad – just cos it was there. I wasn’t hungry in the least !!!

Why can’t I be more disciplined at the weekend? Why do I cave so easily and eat ALL the wrong things? I wish I knew. On Monday morning I nearly freaked out when I got on the scale – I’d gained 3lb since Friday morning!!!  I ate really well yesterday and thankfully I’ve already lost 2lb of the 3! My aim this week is to stay on track with points AND get through the weekend counting them too.

How do you do at the weekends? Do you still count points? Is it easy or hard for you not to over-indulge? What works for you when you’re staying OP? I’d love to know.

2 comments:

Marisa @ Loser for Life said...

Weekends are tough, Denise. I don't have the answer for you other than to just keep trying to make the best choices possible. And if you know you're going to overindulge, then try to get a little more activity in. Sometimes, we just get in these funks though, so it's okay to have a weekend like you did; it just can't be like that EVERY weekend, ya know? No worries... keep on keepin' on :)

Anonymous said...

I always save most of my extra points for weekends....and hey, this last weekend was a special mother's day occasion, and sounds like you've already lost a bit of what you gained. Hang in there!!!!