Saturday, January 22, 2011

It’s the weekend

I want to start posting in here on a more regular basis (not sure how long it will last) and even post pictures of my meals if I can. I’ve been taking photos over the past couple of days . . . now it’s just a matter of putting them on to the computer and adding them to my posts!

I’ve done well this week other than Thursday! Thursday was our book club monthly meeting. I hosted at my house and put nibbles out like cheese and crackers, carrots, dip, fruit and a few mini profiteroles to name a few.  I skipped dinner, didn’t really nibble on that much BUT I had 3 glasses of wine. Usually I’d think that wasn’t too bad, I mean I have the points for times like this but I never can tell how many points I used when I snacked on the cheese etc.  I just put it down to a ‘not so good day’ and get back on the wagon the next day. 

In future though I should still try to gauge what points I’ve used when I eat things.  And drinking the wine wasn’t such a great idea… I honestly think I’m becoming seriously allergic to wine. It may be the sulphites  in it. After the first glass I started to get really stuffy in my nose, and I couldn’t taste anything. Why I bothered to have the other two I just don’t know! I’ve always enjoyed a glass of wine and lately a cocktail now and then, but I’ve not been drinking during the week and I think having 3 glasses all together just made me realize how ‘stuffed up’ I can get when drinking it. Anyway, that’s not to say I won’t ever drink wine again, it just wasn’t much fun this week.

DSCF4483

This is one of the breakfasts I’ve had this week, actually I’ve had a few mornings start like this. Either two Eggo Multigrain low fat waffles with Better N’ Peanut Butter spread and lots of fruit (total 5pp), or just one waffle and pb, and a scrambled egg with fruit(still 5pp).  Other mornings I’ll have eggs and turkey bacon but I haven’t take a picture of that yet!

I started this post earlier and have since downloaded some of my pics from the camera. Here’s the breakfast I had yesterday along with my coffee, (I have International Delight creamer in my coffee, I just can’t drink it black, so there’s always two pp’s counted for 2 coffees). . .

DSCF4553

I watched Hungry Girl on tv for the first time last week. She was making pizzas. She made one with Ricotta cheese, it looked so good I had to try it.  You can CLICK HERE for the recipe from her site.

DSCF4489Instead of the tortilla she used, I used a ‘Flatout’ light wrap, only 2pp.  Total (pointsplus) for this whole pizza is 5pp, this inc. 1 tsp of olive oil drizzled on top for 1pp.

DSCF4491 I made this on Thursday for lunch, it was delicious. I loved it so much I made another one last night for my dinner.

DSCF4581

This is a turkey and turkey bacon wrap I had for lunch today, with some cherry tomatoes. I’ve had popcorn for a snack this afternoon  - doing good!

1 comment:

Blondie's Journal said...

I think you are doing super. It must be hard to total points when you go to parties...it would take all the fun away to be analyzing your intake of food. Does WW have any suggestions? I am seriously thinking of joining. I have heard a lot of good things about the online program. Let me know what you think, Den!

XO,
Jane