It’s weigh in day – I didn’t lose, but I didn’t gain either :-) I’m happy with that! I haven’t exercised all week and last night I had way too many snacks, but the fact I didn’t gain any is enough to keep me smiling.
Last week I put up my treadmill in the guest room to make room for my craft table! I got lazy and didn’t even do any workout dvd’s! I DID find the dvd that goes with my stability ball (not that you knew I was looking for it, but I was) so this week I think I will use my Reebok bench and the ball and work on ‘toning up’ some.
On to some food. . . . have your tried these? Tofu noodles! I’ve wanted to try them ever since I saw the Hungry Girl episode where she made cheesy alfredo and used these instead of the fettucine pasta!
I finally found them in that new Natural Grocers store. One word - ‘Blech’!!! Oh my goodness, it probably doesn’t help that I don’t like tofu, but for some reason I just thought these might taste like fettucine but not have all the calories in . . . WRONG! It wasn’t so much the taste, but the texture. The only way I can describe it is, ‘gelatinous’. So weird, urghhh, I tried a few fork fulls, but it just got worse, I nearly gagged by the third try – so off in to the trash they went. Oh well!
Breakfast is my fav meal of the day now. Last week I tried a ‘skinny’ omelet. This was just 1 egg plus 1 eggwhite, I added a piece of laughing cow cheese (it’s like Dairylee Nenna) cut up and a few green onions, then flipped the omelet over. Really nice and tasty, very cheesy ;) served with 2 slices of Sara Lee light wholewheat bread – total 5pp
Confession – I don’t like Chobani yogurts!! This is the second time I’ve tried a fruit one. I prefer just plain greek yogurt, my fav brand is Stoneyfield ‘Oikos’ Apparently they have some that have chocolate on the bottom or caramel, but I have yet to find these in the store. I don’t mind the Chobani plain greek yogurt, but these fruit ones…. they are 5pp per pot!! I’d rather have my fresh fruit on the side! That’s just too many points in a yogurt for my liking. I couldn’t even eat all of this one. It was pomegranate and the seeds were very hard!
This is one of my favorite breakfasts, I had it this morning (not this plate but one similar) 2 Kellogs low fat wholewheat waffles (2pp each) and a tblsp of Better N Butter PB, (1pp) and fruit on the side. This morning I had a banana and 1/2 cup worth of blackberries and raspberries – it was perfect!
Last week I made Chicken Parmesan from the Eating for Life cookbook. A 4oz chicken breast, breadcrumbs, marinara sauce and low fat cheese (total 6pp), served with salad greens AND (a new find this week) Green Giant green beans w/almonds. This box is WW endorsed, only 1pp per serving (3 servings in a box, which I just halved for me and hubby). I really liked these, better than just plain frozen green beans. I bought more boxes when I went back to the store and had them again later in the week with another meal!
And finally, Gina’s Asian grilled chicken (leftovers) ended up on a salad for my lunch. Very Yummy (total 5pp, inc. lite dressing)

1 comment:
Oh no...I just bought some of the tofu noodles today, they've only just arrived here. Eeeek...I'm going to have to psych myself up to try them. I'll let you know how it goes. Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment