On my quest for a yummy Indian meal (well, it wasn’t really a quest, I just happened to stumble on this while in a new grocery store) I found this last week . . . .
Oh my goodness, I thought I’d died and gone to heaven when I tried this!!! I love Indian food. Chicken Tikka Masala is my all time favorite dish, and second to that is Chicken Korma. My sister has a wonderful WW frozen meal she can get in England that I tried last year when I was home… this one (not the one above, but the one below) that I found in my local grocery store just didn’t come anywhere close to being as good….
Looked ok on the box, but it came out looking like this….
hardly any sauce at all! Look at the ‘Tandoor Chef’ one below! The nice thing is the rice is in a separate compartment so it doesn’t soak up all the sauce.
Look at ALL that sauce on the plate – YUM! I think there’s only 4 pieces of chicken in this, but they were quite large, and were real ‘white’ pieces of chicken, it was a perfect portion size. I tell you, this meal did not taste like it had been frozen at all. I was in awe of how good it was. Oh, and the pp, 10! I thought that a bit high for a lunch (for me anyway), but I indulged in it last Friday cos I’d had such a good WI that day ;-)
Hubby loves Indian food too, so I had to rave to him about this. I wanted him to try it, so I went out on Saturday and bought two more boxes for dinner that night, AND I picked up the frozen box of Naan bread (same brand). The Naan was 5pp each. So for a total of 15pp we had an awesome ‘take-out’ at home. Hubby said this should be a our regular Saturday night ‘take-out’! Not that we have ever had take-out on a regular basis . . . . but I think we will now!
The store I found this in btw, is Natural Grocers. It just opened up near us. I’ve never seen anything like this in my regular store.
This post is getting rather long, I’ll leave the rest of my photos for another day, but before I go, let me show you my new toy. . . . . :-)

3 comments:
I've seen that brand of Tikka Masala in the stores! Glad to know it's a winner!
Yay for a new food scale! Looks cool, Denise!
I'll have to look for your new favorite...it really looks delicious. The scale is very cool, too. I am really having a hard time measuring portions...like if you have soup or a stew that has chicken, beans and rice. Wow...that adds up to a lot of points even if you have just a cup. I get frustrated but keep pushing on!
XO,
Jane
I have never tried Indian food Denise. It sure looks delicious,. Yum! :)
Post a Comment