Sunday, June 19, 2011

Week 2

SlimmerThisSummer250x125

Disappointing! Sad to say, that’s the word that sums up this week for my  STS Challenge :-(  It wasn’t all bad, but it wasn’t good either. The bad news  is I have gained 2lb!!!!!  The good news is I exercised every day from Mon – Fri (I let myself take the weekends off because I’m usually doing yard work and running up to the grocery store.

I started the week off good (as I always do) and was tracking my calories pretty good, but by Thursday I think I got off track. Tracking my food calories is something I REALLY need to get better at.  Hubby was back from his trip, so first thing Monday morning I got up and went out for a walk/jog. I downloaded some interval training music to my Ipod so it alternates between a brisk walk to a light jog, I did this for 25 minutes around the neighborhood.

Tues – I did an upper body workout using my Reebok bench and weights (using the dvd that came with it).

DSCF4604

Wed – I went out again at 7.30am and did a 30 min walk/jog.

Thur – I managed to clear up my guest room (put all my craft stuff away) so I could put the treadmill down, so I didn’t have to go out so early. If I don’t go out by 8am it’s Waaaay too hot out there (we’ve had triple digits all this week).  So I did 30 mins doing the same interval walk/run. I’m starting to like this now too, and much easier to do in the a/c AND with a fan blowing on me ;-)

Fri – on the treadmill again for 30 minutes.

Week 3 Goals.

1. Measure out 64oz of water and put in the fridge, make sure I drink at least 64oz EVERY DAY!

2. TRACK MY CALORES – 1200 per day.

3. Walk/Run on the treadmill for 30 minutes Mon-Fri.

One of the breakfasts I am starting to enjoy is a simple egg white omelet with a laughing cow cheese inside, and a slice of toast. I’ve noticed since I stopped following WW pts, that I’m not eating as much fruit! I need to buy more berries and oranges this week.

DSCN1619 I also made a herb roasted chicken this week, using herbs from my garden. . . .

DSCN1651 Not sure if  I’ve shared pictures of our garden on here for  a while, so for my new STS bloggy friends, here it is.

  DSCN1538

DSCN1534

13 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Ouch on the 2 lb gain! Nice on the exercise though. Keep working on tracking that food, it works and it does get easier as you get used to it. I want to see some awesome numbers next week! :-)

Candi said...

UGH!!! 2 lbs! And I know you felt disappointed since you did great exercising and tracking your food. You're going to rock it next week!!! I love your garden. I love gardening too. Mine has been overtaken with weeds :( guess it will be good exercise to get out there and weed...hmmm maybe after the 98 degree days...

Colie's Kitchen said...

I know you were not happy with the number, but keep up the good work and it will pay off for you in the end. Just remember this is a life changing thing and life happens and gets in the way too.! Nicole @coieskitchen.com

Empty Nester said...

Maybe your gain is related to muscle from the exercise?! Tracking food intake is really helpful--have you tried keeping a pad nearby to write it down and then go to the computer to log it in to whatever site you're using?

Last week is over...focus on today! Your garden is amazing!

Anonymous said...

A gain is not the end of the world, sticking to the exercise plan is awesome. Step it up this week, you can do this.

Amber said...

Keep up the good work!

Your garden is aweseome. I wish mine was growing like yours!! Slow start up here in Idaho.

Michele said...

Love your garden. Thanks for sharing. We all have off weeks. Just don't give up. You can do this!

Anonymous said...

Shake off the worries of the gain. You can bounce back with ease. I can relate as I barely eeked out no loss and no gain. So we can dust ourselves off and pick ourselves up and get it moving.

Carrie said...

OMGoodness! Love your garden! I wouldn't dwell on the gain. This is a brand new week and you will lose it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful garden. Sorry about the gain. Next week will be better.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful garden. Darn about the 2 lbs, but I have complete faith you'll get that off and more in NO time. Take care!!!

Julie said...

You'll do fine this week. Scales are up and down all the time. It's the tracking and exercise that will matter. You will rock this week, I know it..I have lots and lots of faith in you.
May I ask a question? I need music for my itouch and haven't a clue where to go...yes itunes but I needs something like you down loaded, no just songs. Please e-mail me and tell me where to go.
Thank you for stopping by and good luck this week. God Bless!!

Kelly said...

Beautiful garden and awesome looking chicken, you will get that 2lb off again, don't worry.