Well today is day 3 and I'm doing great. Yesterday I made the skinny chili cheese fries (you can see part 1 of the recipe HERE on Youtube). Oh my gosh, they were yummy. I would never have thought of having these because, well to be honest it sounds like 'junk food', not something you associate with healthy eating. But when you watch the portion size, and use low fat items like the turkey chili and the cheese, there isn't any reason why you can't have these.
This morning I made Heather's breakfast sandwiches, using Thomas's light English muffins, egg beaters, ww cheese singles and a slice of bacon on each one. I had one for breakfast (4pts) and 4 others are in the fridge for the rest of the week. This is the kind of thing my hubby would pop in the microwave in the evening (he stays up much later than me and gets a little hungry before bed time!) so they are there if he needs them.
I'll definitely be making more of these. I also found some low carb cinnamon bagels that only have 2 pts each so that is another breakfast I like.. I ad one serving of the ww cream cheese, I honestly can't taste any difference in it being low in fat and calories. It's well worth eating this way.I've added my food journal to yesterday's post, and I'll post below what I've had today as I'm writing this in the evening.
Breakfast:
coffee w/creamer 2 pts
Breakfast sandwich 4 pts
Lunch:(total 5pts)
1 cup progresso soup 1pt
Tuna wrap:
low carb wrap 1pt
1/4 cup tuna 2pts
1tblsp light 1000 island dressing 1pt
spinach 0pts
Snack:
fat free greek yogurt 1pt
carrots 0pts
Dinner:
side salad w/1tblsp dressing 1pt
Jenny O turkey burger on thin sandwich (forgot what they call these!) 5pts total
some left over oven fries from last night,about 1/2 potato worth 1pt
Total Points: 19, so far. I may have a snack tonight!

No comments:
Post a Comment