Monday, January 4, 2010

It REALLY starts today....

I got off track a little on Saturday and Sunday because I got in to the mind set that Mondays is always the best day to start something new! Despite the fact I had a yummy healthy meal of baked Tilapia and sauted swiss chard on Saturday night, while the hubby and kids (Kristen had her friend Connor from next door sleeping over) ate greasy Digorno pizza, I still allowed myself a couple of glasses of wine while watching tv later. And on Sunday I let myself have a few chocolates "one last time" and we had spaghetti and meatballs w/garlic bread for dinner (and it wasn't a small portion!).

But with that all said, things REALLY start today... for me anyway. Hubby says he's on board but it's the lunchtimes that are his downfall when he goes out to eat with work colleagues. This blog is all about and for me, so I won't worry too much about what he's doing ;-)

I have been surfing around looking for some good 'diet' blogs or Weight Watcher blogs and came across a great one yesterday - www.thewwchick.com Click on the link and it will take you to Heather's website where you can access her blog AND some great Youtube videos of her recipes.

I'm already trying one of them out tonight....Oven Fried Chicken using Panko and Cornflake crumbs. I've done similar dishes before but I like that I know the ww pts value of her meals. You can CLICK HERE to see her video on how to make them. I'll let you know next time how they turn out.

Also, I think I will use this site as a food journal too and at the end of every day list what I've eaten and how many points it totalled. Heather does that at her blog too and recently completed 365 days of her food journal. She's continuing with it in 2010. I'll be lucky if I journal 36 days, but I hope I can.... and more.

Food Journal:
Breakfast:
Coffee 2pts (I can't give up my creamer!)
Oatmeal 2pts
milk (less than 1/2 cup) 1pt

Snack:
Hummus 2 pts
veggies 0 pts

Lunch:
Smartones Angel Hair pasta 4pts
1/2 an apple 1 pt (? I'm guessing, need to look this up)

Snack: Took my Kristen to the movies and took along healthy pop popcorn
Popcorn 1pt
diet coke!

Dinner:
2 chicken tenders 4pts
salad w/dressing 2pts
Yoplait Parfait 2pts

Bedtime: I was really cold last night and couldn't warm up, so I treated myself to a cup of Horlicks! 2 tbps =2pts and I used 1/2 cup of milk topped up with hot water 1 1/2 pts.

Total Points: 24 1/2

Exercise: Walk Away The Pounds 1 mile walk




No comments: