Friday, January 28, 2011

It’s Friday!

I missed posting yesterday, so I’ll catch up a little today before I jump off here and catch up with laundry and housework! Yesterday I went to a friend’s for coffee at 9.30am. We used to meet regularly but over the past year we kinda got out of the habit and went months without getting together. Not that I didn’t see my friend at all, we are in the same book club so we’d sometimes catch up at the monthly meetings. But it was nice to finely make an effort to set a date and have a cuppa and a chat.

DSCF4639

Before I went out I still wanted to have breakfast after dropping Kristen off at school. I thought I would try pumpkin oatmeal! I don’t know why but I just kept wa nting to try it. I checked recipes online and it seems you can just add pumpkin to your oatmeal and voila! Hmm, well, this is not a keeper that’s for sure. To be honest I’m not really an oatmeal kinda gal. I’ve never really liked it, I just try to eat it cos it’s good for me. What I usually eat is instant packet stuff, the healthy kind that isn’t full of sugar. I would still eat those packets now and then, but THIS! homemade oatmeal with pumpkin – not so much!  I didn’t like the texture at all and didn’t even eat half of this bowl (which would have been about 4pp)!

Not to worry, my sweet friend knew I was following weightwatchers and offered me a Vitamuffin Top with my coffee :-)  I’ve never had one before, mainly because I never see them in my local grocery store (she got her supply from Costco). I had the dark chocolate one and really liked it. Cindy (my friend) gave me another to bring home with me and a Banana Nut one to try too . . . guess what was for breakfast this morning ;-)

DSCF4647

Vitatop Banana Nut muffin, 3pp – 1 egg +eggwhite, 2pp and fruit.

DSCF4641

Lunch yesterday was something else new . . Healthy Choice Honey Balsamic Chicken. I took my ww calculator along to the grocery store so I could check the points of other healthy microwave meals (to be honest some of those SmartOnes are just not that appetizing!) I have to say, this meal was one of the best frozen ones I’ve had in a long time. That balsamic dressing was really tasty, tangy and sweet! I liked that there were a lot of potato pieces in it too.

DSCF4643

I had it with a little 0pp side salad (just a few spritz of ranch dressing) and a small navel orange.

Now, I must confess, I was a little naughty last night (no I didn’t eat something I shouldn’t) I actually didn’t eat something I should have! DINNER! I had no dinner! Not a healthy thing to do but I just wasn’t hungry and couldn’t decide on what to eat.

DSCF4645

Hubby had left of Mexican food from his fav restaurant (he brought it home with him from work), I gave dd the split pea soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. I was going to have this myself but I just didn’t feel hungry for it and didn’t want to waste my points! Ended up not using my points at all :-/   The spaghetti squash above was also a possibility for dinner but I hadn’t made  any tomato sauce to go with it. I’ll be doing that today. Found this recipe for Cabernet Meat Sauce that was linked up at Danica’s blog. It sounds delicious and I have to make it today :) I’ll let you know what it turns out like – how could it not be good with a cup of red wine in it?!!

So, it’s Friday – it’s the weekend! Wish me luck that I don’t ‘cave’ and eat (or drink) all the wrong things!  I’ll be back on Monday.

1 comment:

What's Cookin' with Mary? said...

That's my meat sauce :D I'm so glad that you liked it !! I get so excited when I hear about someone making a recipe of mine. -Mary