Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sunny but cold…

I wish the weather would warm up, or at least I wish I COULD warm up! It’s not really that cold outside this week. This morning was very frosty but it was forecast to get up to 61 today and it’s very sunny out.  I just can’t seem to warm up! It doesn’t help that I’m indoors most days not being very active (except when I do my dvd workouts, then I’m hot for about 15 minutes!). I’m looking forward to Spring so I can go outside without shivering, work in the yard a little and plant spring flowers – but we’re not quite there yet.  Still, most of the country is still under snow so I should count myself lucky. I love the snow but would only want it around Christmas time. Now that the holidays are over I would much prefer to feel the sun on my face and see the daffodils flowering!

DSCF4625 Breakfast today was 1 nutrigrain waffle, 1 egg + 1eggwhite, and some fruit –total 4pp. Plus my coffee of course!

pea4 I decided to make some of Gina’s Split Pea Soup today. I often make my own but usually use the ham bone after Thanksgiving or Easter (but I find that the soup has a lot of fat in when I do that, not very ww friendly I don’t think)… so I used Gina’s recipe HERE. I had one cup at lunch time with a romaine salad – forgot to take pics cos my camera was upstairs. The above picture is the ham and pea soup I’ve made in the past. Gina’s was just as good and not greasy at all.  Total for soup and salad, 5pp.

AND because I couldn’t warm up this afternoon, I took Richella’s idea of making your own hot cocoa and got my two servings of dairy in at the same time.

DSCF4629

1 cup fat free milk, 2pp 3 tsp cocoa, 0pp and a little splenda, then a tblsp free cool whip on top! It’s a great way to get my dairy, unfortunately I don’t always feel like drinking hot chocolate – but today I did!

DSCF4634

A hearty taco salad for dinner tonight – total 8pp.

2 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I joined WW two weeks ago...you really inspired me. I have much more to lose than you but so far, 4 lbs. Your recipes always sound great...I think you are doing wonderful. Wish me luck!

XO,
Jane

nenna said...

Hi Neicey hope you are still doing ok, I'm really into it and loving all the things I can eat and still lose weight. Took mam to hospital for her pacemaker check up this morning everything was fine. Going to have my dinner W/W chicken in tomato and basil sauce six points then I'm off to work. Bye for now. Love ya Lots xxxxxxxx