Saturday, April 23, 2011

Friday Weigh-In

Fridays are usually my ‘at home’ weigh in day (I don’t go to WW meetings). Since hitting my goal weight a few weeks ago I’ve gone up and down by 2 or 3 pounds. This week I’m happy to say I’m a pound less than last week :-)  But the weekend as usual is really hard for me. I just never want to track points, and I think I will just start accepting that. I mean, I don’t really need to lose any more weight at this point, I just need to maintain and get in to a good exercise routine, so splurging on the weekend (not going crazy but eating the things I like in moderation) is something I should allow myself to do.

So, if I want to have a glass of wine or two with my girlfriend on a Friday night and nibble on yummy cheese and crackers, then I should be able to do so, without always worrying about not tracking the points – I just don’t know how I can track points without standing there measuring out a 1oz piece of cheese or counting out crackers?!! It’s ok doing that during the week, but I really don’t want to do that in front of people, they will just think I’m weird, or obsessed with food and weight!

Food in the past few days consisted of  . . . .

Lunch on Wednesday, half a baked potato with 1 cup of tuna (not a cup size but the little cups it comes in!) and a side of leftover mixed veggie. I added a tablespoon of light mayo to the veg! Total 6pp.DSCN0873DSCN0892 Dinner on Wednesday night was 3oz grilled chicken with 1tblsp of hummus on top, salad and green beans and almonds. Total 8pp.

Breakfast on Thursday, 1 ‘alternative’ blueberry bagel. I found these in Walmart! The nice thing is they aren’t ‘skinny’ bagels, it’s as thick and dense as a normal bagel, a little smaller and only 3pp each. Topped with a tblsp of whipped cream cheese and some bananas and grapes on the side. Just 4pp.

DSCN0894

DSCN0897

Lunch was turkey and bacon/salad sandwich on light bread. 10 popchips and a pickle. Total 5pp.

Later in the afternoon I made another latte :-) Bought the fat free caramel sauce to drizzle on top too – I’m liking these a lot.

DSCN0903

I went out on Thursday night to Book Club so didn’t eat dinner but had some wine and nibbles at the meeting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the lb down Denise. Have a great weekend.

Melissa Miller said...

I didn't know you made your goal weight. Woohoo!