Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thank you Roz!

A couple of days ago I was reading Roz’s blog over at Weighting for 50’s! When I first found her blog a few months ago, I was drawn to the fact she’s like me, headed toward 50 but wanting to stay as fit and healthy as she can for when she gets there (and the many years thereafter!). I also love how she adds little animals/characters to her food shots, they always put a smile on my face.

So I was reading THIS POST from her this week where I saw her mention an Almond Milk Latte that she had made her self. I’d just been given a box of almond milk from my friend Cindy last week to try so I was intrigued and asked Roz how she had made it. She uses an espresso machine and just froths her milk like you would for cappuccino. Hmmm? An espresso machine like this perhaps?

krups  Believe it or not, I have one of these sitting in a box in the dining room along with other things, waiting to go to . . . . GOODWILL!!! It has sat in my cupboards for months, years actually since I bought it and I’ve used it about twice! I originally bought it because I used to have one years ago in England and loved making Cappuccinos on a weekend. I can’t believe I was about to get rid of it. After Roz emailed me about how she made her latte I resurrected Mr. Krups AND I just made this. . . . .

DSCN0857I’m enjoying it as I type :-) It’s good but what it needs is some caramel syrup, I think I’ll pick up some ‘sugar-free’ next time I’m at the store. THANKS ROZ, you’ve made a ‘nearly 50 yr old’ very happy :-)

DSCN0853

This was breakfast this morning (5pp) egg and cheese sandwich on Sara Lee light bread, a banana and 5 grapes and a cuppa coffee. Right now I have a baked potato in the oven that I’ll have for lunch with tuna on top. I’m trying to plan my meals ahead of time AND take pics of them so I can put a weekly menu together for myself. I’ll share when I have them done ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, YAYYYY!!! Glad the latte worked out, and the Krups machine was saved from a sad fate at Goodwill. And thanks for the shout out!!! So glad we found each other's blogs - we do INDEED have much in common. Have a great day.