Slimmer This Summer is a 12 week challenge that’s just starting today over at Debbie’s Blog ‘Debbie Does Dieting’.
As you can tell from my blog posts (or lack thereof) I’ve been getting a bit lax in my diet and exercise. And as usual it’s often during the weekend that it happens. I was doing ok during the week but last weekend and this weekend I have totally over-indulged in cocktails, margaritas, pizza’s burgers - I know, it’s disappointing to say the least.
I’m rather mad at myself too. It’s like all my hard work just went down the drain when I got on the scale this morning and saw I’d gained about 4lb! Debbie’s challenge seems just what I need to get back on track. That and the fact I just bought a bikini while out shopping with my BFF yesterday. We had a great day at the mall, I bought a new dress and some gorgeous shoes, AND found a new swim suit, which was the whole point of the trip.
Here’s me in the dress last night at my neighbors house next door (where we always hang out and have cocktails or wine at the weekend) :-)
And here’s my lovely new shoes – I just love em!!
I love hanging out with my neighbs, I just need to not over-indulge in the food and drink when I do. It’s still something I just can’t seem to get the hang of, but I will continue to try. I look ok in my new swim suit but I want to look GREAT, so I hae to work out more!
I think I’m going to try something new…. instead of counting WW points, I’m going to just track the calories I eat. I’m also going to try and workout each day, using my weights to tone up, and going for a walk/jog in the morning before it gets too hot (the walk will have to wait til hubby gets back from a work trip next week cos I don’t like leaving my dd alone in the house.)
I think I’ll also find it motivating to read other bloggers joining in with Debbie.
So, my goals for this 12 week challenge are :
1) To get down to my goal weight of 117lb
2) Track my food and drinks using my new Ipad App.
3) Stick to 1300 calories a day (or less!)
4) Drink at least 8 cups of water/tea per day
5) To workout each day using weights, and go walking/jogging every other day.
Not too many goals but hopefully I can meet them! We’ll see.
I haven’t taken measurements today other than my waist – 34 1/2 “ (around my belly button)!!!!

15 comments:
Great goals! Stopping by from the Slimmer In Summer Challenge! Looking forward to sharing our progress!
I'm following your link through Debi's challenge. Great goals! I look forward to getting to know you better and celebrating your success!
Welcome to the challenge! Great goals. You'll love yourself for doing this when you get to 117!
LOVE the dress and the shoes are awesome!
Good luck with the challenge, Denise! I know you'll do great!
And that dress is GORGEOUS! Where did you get it?
LOVE THE SHOES!! Too cute!! Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen! I am doing the Summer Slim Down Challenge also and saw your blog posted on Debbi does dieting. I wanted to drop by and say hi. I am your newest follower! Good luck with week one!! I would love to have you drop by www.colieskitchen.com
Whoa! You're gorgeous. And skinny. Honestly, I can't see where the weight's gonna come from!!!
And the shoes are great. I covet those. Love the strappiness.
OK, if ya think ya wanna be 117, I am cheering you on. But ya look just about perfect to me. :D
Maybe I should concentrate on clothes shopping instead of eating. I could end up with awesome shoes, too! Admirable goals; we all have our targets, and you seem to have a handle on yours. It's all about staying fit!
Denise hello, just have to say you look fabulous...Luv the dress and shoes...your hair looks so nice. I have been trying to get healthy and watching my calorie intake, never thought counting calories would work for me but so far down 50 since jan. It keeps me in line...I'm going over to Debbie's to check out the challange..Wish you all the best...
Hugs,
Jolyn
Found you through the challenge. Your goals look realistic. Nice dress. Best of luck to you. Michele at http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/
Sounds great, you can do it!
Hey, you DO look great and you'll just keep getting better with this challenge. And yes, the shoes totally rock!
Oh, and I'm jealous 'cause I hit fifty this summer. Yikes!
Good luck in the challenge Denise! I'm sure you'll do really well.
LOVE that dress !! Adorable! Good luck on the STS Challenge, I am sure you will knock it out of the park !!
Hi. I just became a follower of your blog. I'm excited we get to encourage and support one another. Can't wait to read more of your posts :)
You look amazing, Denise! And I love your shoes, too. :)
Post a Comment