Monday, January 25, 2010

Back to square one...

:-( Last week wasn't a good week. This morning I weigh one pound more than I did last Monday, instead of at least one pound less. Seriously, can I not just even lose a pound a week (and keep it off)? Of course I only have myself to blame.... I got off track on Thursday when I went out to book club. The host always puts snacks or finger food out and I wasn't going to deprive myself of any of it. Plus I had a couple of glasses of wine too. The thing is, because I knew I'd be eating at night I didn't even bother eating dinner. Things went down hill the rest of the week and I just didn't feel like watching what I ate. That's not to say I 'pigged-out' because I really don't eat a lot, I guess I just eat the wrong things.

Oh, Friday was a fun night at my neighbors tasting wine and cheese, but again, because I knew I'd be doing that I skipped dinner! So by Saturday and Sunday I just ate what I wanted and I paid the price for it this morning.

I know one pound is nothing really, but in the scheme of things this is my whole point about trying to lose weight.... if I don't lose it I will gain it and I don't want to end up at 50 being 30 lb heavier than I am now!

So, today I'm being strict. I'm trying to do the Flat Belly Detox again, but I doubt I'll do it for 4 days (I tried that a couple of months ago and only made it to day 3) but I think I will do it today and tomorrow then go back to counting points by midweek. You can see my first post when I did this in December HERE, and my second post HERE and my third post HERE.


3 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

Hello~
I have been watching your post and you are helping me get in gear. It really is a struggle. I have been exercising but I really need to cut down my intake by watching points. Life has a way of getting us off track. I am a bit jealous over your new work out shoes! LOL
Have a great day!
Carrie

Blondie's Journal said...

I wouldn't get bummed out. You had a set back and I think you see where you went wrong. Now you just have to keep doing your very best. I am rooting for you!

xoxo
Jane

Melissa Miller said...

Denise I'm so sorry. Believe me I know it is very hard to lose each and every little stinkin' pound that creeps on. I think part of it is you don't really have a large amount of weight to lose and your body is just hanging on to it.

Not that I am the expert or anything but really increasing your water intake and exercise may help to push it off for you. Just a thought.

Have a blessed day my friend.
~Melissa :)

PS I'm stuck at a weight loss plateau these past few weeks. UGH!