Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Great Chicken...

We tried the WW Chick's oven friend chicken last night and I have to tell you it was really good. Hubby and daughter liked it a lot. I have to say it is the crispiest oven chicken I've had. I've used Panko crumbs before but not with cornflakes too.

As you can see from the above picture, I made a whole batch of them. This was a packet of 12 fresh chicken tenders. I froze them on this tray for an hour before putting them in a ziploc bag and putting back in the freezer. The nice thing is I only used 5 tenders last night so I have a few left for another meal, and I also made some chicken pieces like this, so I have 'nuggets' in the freezer too. This is so much nicer than buying the pre-made ones, which make me wonder just what it is they use inside, cos it very rarely looks like 'white chicken'! I love knowing exactly what is in and on these.

For dinner I had 2 tenders on a salad with Asian Sesame Seed light dressing. See yesterday's post for my food journal that day.

Can I just say though, when I first got my Weight Watchers pack I calculated how many points I was allowed based on the questions it asked. I am only allowed 19 points per day! It's really hard to stick to such a low number, so I'm going to be more realistic and set myself a limit between 20-25, hopefully staying nearer the 20 mark.

Today I'm going to try WW Chick's Skinny Chili Cheese Fries ;-)

Food Journal:

Breakfast:
coffee w/creamer 2pts
Bagel w/ ww cream cheese 3 pts

Lunch:
Progresso French Onion soup 2 pts
Light English Muffin 1pt
ww cheese slice 1pt

Snack:
Fat free greek yogurt 1pt

Dinner:
Chili cheese fries 6pts
boiled carrots 0pts (I like boiled carrots, and they were from our garden!)
small salad w/dressing 1pt

Snacks:
Popcorn 1pt
WW Icecream cone 2pts

Total Points: 20

1 comment:

Melissa Miller said...

This chicken sounds good!

I'm going to post my healthy living lifestyle's four month update very soon. Yay!

I'm going to add the chicken recipe to it you posted as well. It is so healthy and delish!