
Doesn't this look fresh and healthy? I'm lucky that I love fresh fruit and vegetables like I do. They don't appeal at all to my hubby (nor my 9 yr old for that matter) but I get more excited at seeing something like this than I do at seeing a McDonald's quarterpounder - seriously! That's not to say I don't eat the 1/4 pounder (thankfully it's not that often I do). Hubby will eat the fruit, at least the apples and oranges (bananas make his mouth itch) and Kristen will eat a few fruits but not much of them!
I got on the scale this morning and I've really only lost a pound since last Monday, but overall, I'm about 3lb down from what I weighed just before New Years Eve (when I was eating all the junk food we had in the house, and drinking a couple of glasses of wine every night - it was Christmas after all!)
I guess I always want the weight to drop quickly, but I think because there's not much I have to lose it will take time and probably more exercise than I'm currently doing. It's going to warm up this week some, so hopefully I can get out and walk as well as do some Pilates on my dvd? I know I need to 'move' more, so I shall make more of an effort this week. Also got to drink more water.
Here's something we had last Friday.... the skinny pizza's from Heather's blog. Made with Oroweat thin sandwiches. Kristen really liked these!
Take the sandwich and split it in half (it's actually already split for you), I popped these in a hot oven for a few minutes to crisp up a little. Then spoon on a tablespoon of pizza sauce. This sauce worked out at 0pts because it has very little fat in it and 3g of fiber.
Kristen just topped her pizza with reduced fat cheese (because I forgot to buy some pepperoni!) but for mine I sauted some mushrooms, onions and bell pepper) I added a spoonful of this to my pizza and just a small amount of cheese.
There was only the sandwich and cheese to count for points so these turned out at only 1pt each half!(approx). I had mine with a spinach salad for dinner on Friday, and I was pretty full afterwards. We'll be making these again, and no doubt trying different toppings, they were really tasty.

4 comments:
They look healthy and filling. It also sounds like you did really well over the weekend. Great job!
Ooh yum that pizza looks so good. I'm definitely going to have to try that.
The pizza looks great. I like to make them on pita bread, tortillas and English muffins as well, all that you can get in whole wheat. I have lost 4 lbs. but I didn't weigh myself today and I got into the Cheetos last night!! lol!!
xoxo
Jane
It all look so good Denise!
Isn't it funny how we crave the fresh foods once we have been eating healthier. It's been great for me!
I'll post my four month update next. :)
Post a Comment