We eat (and drink) with our eyes! If only my Skinny Caramel Macchiato that I had today actually looked like this!!
And I wish my oatmeal looked like this!
I had both today when I went out for coffee with my friend Cindy. Don’t get me wrong, they were both still very good, a really nice treat, but the coffee was served in the usual white paper cup, and I skipped the caramel drizzle because the guy said it wasn’t sugar free! Total for my drink was 4pp (even though WW online said it is 5pp!) I used the Nut. Information from Starbucks website to calculate the pts and I’m sticking with 4 (plus I didn’t drink the whole cup anyway). The oatmeal was 3pp and the brown sugar on top 1pp.
You know I said I wasn’t an oatmeal kinda girl, but I have to tell you this was the best oatmeal I’ve ever had!. I think the brown sugar had a lot to do with it (because it was pretty bland tasting before I sprinkled it on). And it was only an instant packet too! I’m wondering if that’s all I need to do to make my oatmeal yummy? Make some plain oatmeal and add sugar? I will have to try it.
Well I started this post yesterday but didn’t get it finished so I’ll do it now. Today is Friday and that means WI day! I got on the scale this morning and . . . . . . . . . gained .6lb :-(
I’m really not surprised. I didn’t track very well at all last weekend and I think I’d gained about a pound by Monday. I did well the rest of the week and exercised too but it’s just not enough to get that pound back off AND some! So, this weekend I MUST TRACK and even if I use my ‘weekly points’ which I often think I don’t but I obviously do (I just don’t track them!) I should at least try to stay within those 49 pts. So, all is not lost, I don’t feel down about it, quite the opposite, it just motivates me to keep going in this direction which I know is the right one. How can eating fruit and veg and exercising be wrong? ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment