But they tasted SO good :-) These are Butternut Squash Fries! Or as my hubby called them (when I told him how I would be cooking them) ‘Bakes’! I got the recipe from Hungry Girl, she showed how to make them on her show the other week. It says to bake them for 40 minutes! I checked them after 20 minutes and they were cooked (imo) but I turned them over like the recipe said and let them go another 20 minutes! by which time they had shriveled to barely nothing! This is one half of a butternut squash. I honestly don’t think they need to be cooked that long.
I’ve since seen them on WW site , and their cooking time is only 20 minutes total . . . don’t they look much nicer? The picture below is linked to the WW recipe. The good thing is mine still tasted nice. It really was just like having sweet potato fries (which I love) but without the extra points (mine were only 1pt because I tossed in 1tsp of olive oil).
Now something that looked much prettier, was my iceberg lettuce wedge I had the other day. Just 2pts for the lite blue cheese dressing and 1pt for bacon – deliciously refreshing!
Things are still going well and hubby is still on board with me. I know he just started, but I think I’ll get him to weigh in with me on Fridays ;-)

3 comments:
I LOOOOOOVE butternut fries! I can never get mine quite crispy "fry-like", but they are still tasty nonetheless!
Glad hubby is still with ya!
Hi Denise, thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your photos!! (and love butternut squash fries). I've bookmarked your site and will be back regularly. Have a great day!!
Mmmm, I love iceberg lettuce with blue cheese!
Post a Comment