Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I’m ready for Spring!

I can’t bring myself to say I’m ready for Summer! I’m never ready for Summer. The past few summer’s here in TX have been brutal. I’ve been here for over 6 years and I honestly don’t think they were as bad those first 2 or 3 years (or was that cos I had a house with a pool in it? yeah,  that might have been why!). We moved 4 years ago and this house does not have a pool in it – it does have a neighborhood pool just around the corner, but …. and that’s a BIG BUT!

Anyway, Spring I like – Spring I can take any day :-)  I just wish it was today. Our winters here in Central TX are very mild but it can still get cold, (we had snow last week!) and it can get VERY windy, like it is tonight. I’m always cold in the house and walk around wrapped up in my long grey cardigan. I would just like it to get warm enough where I can take my cardi off and ‘feel slimmer’! Yes, wearing layers makes me feel fat – doesn’t it you?  I just want to shed some layers, get back in to a thin t-shirt and some capris, wear flip flops! Oh I know it will all come soon enough, but, I’m just wishing out loud.

Breakfast this morning was quick and simple, 1 cup of Cheerios, 1 cup of ff milk, 1 banana and 1/2 cup blueberries. Total 5pp

DSCF4735  DSCF4737I just discovered this Lactose Free milk a couple of weeks ago when I sampled it in the grocery store. To be honest I’m not much into milk. If I don’t have cereal in the morning I never get any! Most days I don't’ get my dairy in  as per the GHG’s! Bad I know, but a fact. I often find milk a bit too ??? how shall I put it?  ‘slimey’!!!!

This one is Lactose free AND it has more protein and more calcium than regular milk! I tried the 2% at the store and really liked it.  I don’t think I’m lactose intolerant, I mean I like cheese and yogurts and can drink milk when I have a freshly baked cookie in my hand no problem, but I thought I’d give this a try (it’s the protein in it that I like – anything to fill me up more) ;-) So I had a full cup today which means I got my dairy in. I think I’ll try to have cereal more this week.

Lunch was a big salad with 2 oz poached chicken. And dinner tonight was Mediterranean Couscous with veggies and tomatoes (I just cooked some frozen veg and added a can of tomatoes) and another 2oz of chicken.  It looks pretty bland but the couscous had a nice curry flavor to it.  1c couscous 5pp, 20z chicken 2pp (I’m not counting 1cup of veg and toms).

DSCF4738

I must admit I’m getting a bit stuck on what to eat each night for dinner.  I wish WW had a cooking show on Foodnetwork. I love watching the cooking shows but wouldn’t it be great if they showed you the yummy recipes AND gave you the pts+ values!

2 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Denise I understand. I feel like I have eaten almost the exact same foods for 17 straight months. Every week it's the same ole' salads, otameal, cereals, eggs, fruit and veggies. I really think that is why I spurged so many times during the holidays. Boredom.

I posted the turkey meatloaf recipe recently. It was really good. You should try that one. I made turkey chili Sunday and still have leftovers. I've been buying rotisserie chickens lately at the grocery and they are wonderful.
Uusually I buy the macaroni salad when I get the chicken and it is not healthy at all. Oops. :)

nenna said...

Hi Neicey I am going to make you quite jealous for my supper after work last night I had prawn tikka masala from marks and spencer it has the w/w points already worked
out for you only nine points and it was absolutly yummy.I am still doing ok and because I save my points for wine on a weekend almost twenty points a bottle i'm going to switch it for lager only three points a small can, still like my tipple.On the weather subject remember the cold winters over here I think you're getting soft in your old age. Mam not so good at the begining of the week but seems ok now took her to the Galleries yesterday I think she seems to want to go out most days but just do'nt have the time. Bye for now Love Ya lots xxxxxxxxx