Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It starts today. . . .

As you can tell from my sporadic posts, I kinda fell off the wagon when it comes to good eating and exercising. I let myself indulge over the whole summer, ate whatever I wanted, drank when I wanted (and I’m not talking water!), and didn’t get out walking or do any other form of exercise. As a result of all that, I managed to gain the 10lb I lost and as of today I weigh in at 127.8lb!!!

THAT is way too much for me to feel comfortable. SO, today I am starting this -

30dayshred I’m motivated by the fact that many other girls are doing this too. Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam has started it. She’s asked anyone that wants to, to join in with her, keep us updated on her progress at her blog AND her Facebook page.

So, today, bad eating stops (again) and exercise STARTS!  I hope to post on here EVERY DAY for the next 30 days to confirm that I have done the 20 minute routine that Jillian puts you through each day. I will miss only two days in the next 30 because we have a weekend away planned with our neighbors. I know I won’t work out on that Saturday and Sunday. I will workout on the Friday before we leave, and actually depending on the time we come home on Sunday I may actually be able to pop the dvd in later that day – we’ll see.

Any other day  . . . .  THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSES!!!!!

I did the workout today, and it is HARD!  But I felt good afterwards. The test will come tomorrow when I know I will be sore and I have to do it all over again. Today I’m cutting out the bad eating habits too. I don’t want to totally deprive myself of the things I like, but I must not eat them so often. I WILL have a glass of wine when I want and I WILL have Margaritas on the front porch with the neighbors at the weekend. I will NOT deprive myself but I will NOT overindulge either.  I took some ‘before’ pictures this morning, I may (or may not) share them here at the end of the 30 day challenge.  I took some measurements too, which I will post here :

Bust – 36”

Waist – 31”

Hips – 37”

under bust – 31”

Top of thigh – 20 3/4

Top of arm – 11’

I know to some of you I am not over weight. Everything is relative, just because I don’t ‘look’ overweight’ doesn’t mean I don’t feel overweight. When you’re used to being about 117-120lb then an extra 10lb (sitting mostly around your middle) makes a big difference. I feel sluggish, no energy and my pants are all tight! And one thing I can definitely vouch for – I am NOT fit. I get out of breath just walking up the stairs, I’m so out of shape. 

These posts are mainly for my own motivation, but if you’re here reading it, I appreciate the time you took to do that, and I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment if you would like to, it would surely help keep me motivated if I thought you were out there checking up on me;-)

2 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Woohoo! You posted your measurements Denise. I still want to see your before pictures.
Okay, I'll stop bugging you about them now. LOL! Motivation and feeling energetic for a healthy long life is the key. You are so right!

My waist is the same as yours and I'm working on reducing it big time. Yuck! It's way too large for my tiny frame. My hips are one inch smaller than yours but my bust oh my goodness gracious is so darned huge. It's a 40! Can you believe that? I'm wearing a 36D and I hate it. I used to be a 34C for most of my life until my big weight gain. I still can't believe I'm not shrinking in this area like the rest of me is. I am not a happy camper about it at all. I'm trying! Running is not easy with a large bust. I had to buy special bras and they were very expensive. Ugh!

Good luck! ~Melissa :)

Blondie's Journal said...

You are going to be a great motivator for me, Den. I am so out of shape I don't think I would last 5 minutes of Jillian's DVD, but I have got on the treadmill and am coming down hard on the junk food.

Can't wait to see how you do. I'm sure it will be a successful month!

xoxo
Jane