For want of a better word! Pooey, I gained 1lb this week. I was wondering why/how? but then I looked back at my tracker and I used 17 of my WP’s this week. You’d think that shouldn’t matter but in my case I think it does. I still think 29 daily pts is too much for me if I want to still lose a few pounds. Now the question is DO I need to still lose a few pounds? The answer is ‘probably not’! What I think I need to start focusing on is not so much weight but more about getting toned. There’s just something in my brain though that keeps telling me I need to get to a certain number on the scale before I’m satisfied with my efforts!
I’ve started working out more, and am using weights. It could be the scale will go up once I start gaining muscle, so I will have to just accept that.
Anyway, moving on, let’s talk food! I tried a Hungry Girl Chili-rific Burger this week – oh my! This is a Boca Burger (that means it’s not real meat Nenna!) on a light whole wheat bun, ww cheese slice and 2 tblsp of turkey chili (onions and pickles underneath). The recipe says 6pp, but I’m sure it’s more, this might be the old points? The burger alone is 3 now, the bun 2, cheese 1 and chili 1 . So, I’m saying mine was 7pp!
Also made Gina’s Baked Seasoned Fries A-Mazing!!! I usually just sprinkle salt and a little olive oil on my fries then bake them in the oven, these have chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, oregano, marjoram and paprika! Whooo, they sure were tasty!
I only did one large potato instead of 2 medium (which served 2 for 5pp each) so I’m guessing my large potato was about 6pp and I halved it with hubby. I loved this meal for a total of 10pp.
Also on the menu this week was our usual spaghetti and meatballs. We often have this, the key when you’re counting points is to measure out the spaghetti and don’t go crazy with the meatballs. There was a time I would pile my plate with pasta and have at least 4, sometimes 5 meatballs! AND garlic bread.
This plate was 1 cup whole wheat spaghetti 4pp, 1/2 cup marinara sauce 2pp, and 2 meatballs 2pp each – total 11pp (added 1 tblsp of parmesan cheese). Served with a spinach salad with kiwi fruit and 1 tblsp of lite champagne vinaigrette 1pp.
Total meal 11pp – LOVED IT!

4 comments:
I'm wondering about my WPA, too. I have been using them, but the past two weeks gaining. Weird because the first two weeks, I had great losses using them all and my APs! Who the heck knows?! LOL!
You are probably right about working on strength training and being happy with where you are on the scale! We do often get focused on a number which just might not be realistic for our bodies.
You're doing awesome, Denise and your eats look super yum!!
Our bodies do funny things don't they? Some weeks I lose and I'm surprised, other weeks I GAIN and am surprised too. I'm trying to look at the big picture and see it as a long journey, not a weekly number to obsess over. (which I can certainly do) Have a great weekend!!!
Hi Neicey don't feel too bad about your gain I know you havn't much to loose and just think it might show next week. Is Jason still trying and did he jump on the scales this week. I've tried to convert our Jean she says she will give it a try, I gave her my calculator to help her so will have to get a new one on monday,it really is a miss already. Your meal pics look really yummy especially the burger may have to try something like that myself. I will wait till monday night to ring you and I can let you know how I've done. Talk to you soon love ya xxxxxx
It does surprise me you can eat like that and lose weight. I don't think I could. Spaghetti is one of my all time favorite foods. It looks delicious Denise. Yum!
Post a Comment